Monday, January 24, 2011

Frustration

Its been a year now since I carried out my duty back in Prep School. As a custordian, we knew how big and how great our responsibilities were in guiding our form 1 students to become a good man with manners and good values in the future.

Few days earlier, i went through a comment posted by a parent;

Adalah tidak adil meletakkan semua tanggungjawab merencanakan semua kegiatan waktu petang kepada Pengawas sekolah .Saya andaikan semua pengawas adalah kurang pengalaman dalam mendidik anak-anak remaja .Pengawas sendiri remaja yang masih memerlukan bimbingan guru .Pengawas sekolah juga diberi kuasa tidak terkawal akan membawa implikasi yang buruk seperti kes " Buli Pelajar ".

I felt so frustrated yet was glad to learn something from this post. I'm not going to blame anyone here because I realise I also did some shameful mistakes as a normal person and I learnt from my experiences (which is a lot!). But I think parents should know that I personally considered these little boys as my own brothers and it was my responsibility back then to instill moral values and so on for their own good.

Yet, as a male students, we can't expect them to learn everything directly from speeches and reminders from us. For example, when 'student A' did something wrong and no punishment was given, can we expect him to not doing the same mistake again in future? Or we could give him let say some push-ups and a 'slow talk' later on so that he realised that he did something wrong and it shouldn't do it again?

Also, there are differences between bullying and teaching someone. We knew our limits back then and everything that we did was meant to teach, not to harm. If not, why did the school even appointed us as prefects and trust us in guiding your children in the first place?



"our only intention was to teach, not to harm"



When I was around 5 years old, I went to my neighbour's house to play despite my late father's order to not to. When I came back, he was waiting for me at the front door with a rattan in hand. Without hesitating, he hit me several times just so that I knew it was wrong to turn back on your parents order. From this, I believe that sometimes punishments are the best choice in teaching someone. Because people learn from mistakes and that is one way to show that they did something wrong.


Before I end this, let me share with you another story behind the Prep School. We got a comment from I don't know who but saying that the prefects weren't doing their job. How can we do our jobs when we don't have the chance to? If, you know what I mean.

My writings here wasn't meant to anyone. But I really hope that we could think about it for a while for our own good.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha...rindu prep school ke arif.. siannye..hee

Naim Putera said...

old boy mane tak rindu ju on.

- ARiF - said...

hehe. but seriously agak trase la ble ad komen2 cmni even dh jdi old boy.

Anonymous said...

hahah thanx mengfollow balik , btw , mcm mana awk jumpe URL kite ? hahaha kite ada bg ke ? kite rasa mcm kite hide . . . okay bengong jap . hahaha sorrayh - mustika

- ARiF - said...

haha. rsenye awk bgila mus. fb?

Anonymous said...

oh ye ke ? HAHAHAHA SINDROM NYANYUKS , sorry2 , ahahhaah -mustika

Ujer said...

betul arip.
learn from mistake kan.
parent tak nah understand bnde tu.
manja kan sgt anak diorang.